Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Who am I?

I have been struggling in my life trying to find out who I truly am, where I am going, and what I might be leaving behind. I go to work each day knowing that this is what I have chosen my profession to be, my love for children and search of the little light bulb that goes off in their heads when they figure out something as simple as tying their shoes for the first time is something I want in my life on a daily basis. Some days are much harder than others I know not everyone is happy all the time….but there are days that their incredibly bad moods really stress me out because it always is heading full force in my direction and then goes splat like an insect on my car windshield. I find myself stuck in a daily routine…go to work, then class, then work…then church, then home to sleep. Homework is done in the middle of that and friends find a place amongst the mess. I am a senior this year I really need to figure out who I really am suppose to be, am I suppose to be a teacher, a wife, a mother some day, am I going to be any good and any of these future roles….see how many questions I really have about my life. I some times wish life was like the game Clue and God would let us have a peek at the card when we pass over the magnify glass so to solve the mystery of our own lives. I know that I am a child of God through my baptism, I know that the Lord God is with me always, I know that my body is a temple, I know so many things, but I am still searching to understand them. I have been randomly searching through the Bible tonight hoping to come across several different passages…pointing my finger at random ones wasn’t a whole lot of help, but a song popped into my head from the Casting Crown’s cd and the song “Who Am I”…the chorus is:

Not because of who I am but because of what you’ve done
Not because of what I’ve done, but because of who you are
I am the flower quickly fading
here today and gone tomorrow
a wave tossed in the ocean
a vapor in the wind
still you hear me when I’m calling
You catch me when I’m falling and
You’ve told me who I am
I am yours, I am yours.
Whom shall I fear, whom shall I fear


I guess that is all I need to know, I am His just like you are His and we don’t have to question our future because it is in God’s hands….the answers lie in what Christ has done for us. We are who we are today because of God’s love for us and our purpose is to worship him, and call out to Him with praise.
Lord, I pray that we may all come to know and trust you. I ask that our worries and doubts may be put aside as we look to you, Lord. In Your name we pray. Amen
God Bless,
Kristy

No comments: