Saturday, January 29, 2005

Heart of Worship

I was talking to one of my friends on the phone today and she had asked about my plans for the rest of the weekend and next week so I told her… “Go to church Sunday, homework, back to church for pastors dinner, Monday I have peer ministry calls with Val, Tuesday Bible study, Wednesday praise worship devotion, Thursday calls with Aaron, Bible study with Pastor Mark, and after that my week gets a little hazy amongst the classes, projects, and working full time.” She wanted to know why I seemed to be at church a lot, wasn’t Sunday enough? Out of everything I do I feel that it isn’t the church that is important but it is being able to focus on God and making Him part of my life and thoughts daily….I don’t have to go to church all the time, but I love being surrounded my friends and others who are there to strengthen their faith, what better place to be? I need to build my faith on a foundation and let the spirit come within me and focus on why I’m worshiping. One of my all time favorite songs is one that we ended our Florida trip with huddled arms all linked with our new friends heads bowed in prayer to God, every time I hear it I think back to those people and how they helped me in my walk with Christ. The song focuses on how we need to come to the Lord with love and focus on why we are really there.

When the music fades and all is stripped away and I simply
come
Longing just to bring something that’s of worth that will bless your
heart
I’ll bring you more than a song, for a song in itself is not what you
have require
You search much deeper within through the way things
appear
You’re looking in to my heart

I’m coming back to the
heart of worship
And it’s all about you, all about you Jesus
I’m sorry
Lord for the thing I’ve made it
When all about you, its all about you
Jesus


(Heart of Worship by Matt Redman 1997 Thank Music and EMI Christian Music Publishing)

I know so many people that go to church just to go to church, because it is a routine (like everyone of the older people at my home congregation, they just got so use to it. It is like a thoughtless step out the door) There are those that just go to church on Christmas Eve, or Easter, (those are important days to remember, but everyday is a good day to remember) Anyway to end my long blog….I just want to say,remember why you go to worship, is your heart in the right place, is the reason your faith in Jesus Christ? Remember that you can worship the Lord our God anywhere, walking down the street, in a church, and even singing in your car!

Worship and pray,
Kristy

No comments: