Monday, January 10, 2005

Aw-choo

Have you ever wondered why so many things like a cold, the flu, or the chicken pox are contagious? Those are never things that we ask to get or to share with others. I was sitting down at work bright and early this morning. Behind one of the dividers in my classroom, little giggles along with playful voices could be heard over all of the children putting puzzles together and the other half playing their video games. It continued for sometime…. I found myself starting to crack a smile. It is funny how being around those giggling sounds make me want to giggle, talk about contagious. It is like being with a bunch of people who are always down in the dumps, you might start to feel like them…but if you are around people that are happy, hyper it might affect your mood in a different way. Have you ever noticed that when some one smiles at you, there is a better chance of you smiling back? A little giggle got me to think about once again how we shape each other’s lives, how we are like colds. We are contagious….we have a chance to spread the good news of Jesus Christ to others. Mark 1:17 says that we are fishers of men. Starting back at school this week means that Bible study and devotions start back up weekly at church this is very helpful in my own foundation of faith, but sometimes I forget that it needs to be a tool for other people to know God. Normally these classes are just the same people over and over again and we all start to get comfortable….I think we need to get contagious, become fishers of men, inviting friends, and strangers to come and visits, to get to know the Lord our Savior. I encourage you to be contagious this week, not with your colds but with you love of Christ, feel free to giggle and laugh a lot too!

No comments: