Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Devotion

I just got home from Wednesday night devotion and wanted to share the song that we (a group of college students) sang together....some of you might remember this from a child?
Jesus loves me this I know
for the Bible tells me so
little ones to him belong
they are weak but he is strong
Yes Jesus loves me
Yes Jesus loves me
Yes Jesus loves me
the Bible tells me so.
Pastor Osslund brought up the fact that this song is so wrong and I guess I had never seen it other than what it is. I'm really tired so this is going to be short and to the point. Pastor brought out a manger(the thing Jesus was laid in after his birth). He stated that the manger is to Jesus as the Bible is to Christ. The Bible doesn't tell us Jesus loves us, Jesus showed his love to us by becoming flesh, His death, and His resurrection. Our devotion was getting into the word on a daily basis but not only wanting to read it but wanting to build our relationship with God. The Bible is a means in which we can share that knowledge just like we use our own words, we don't need to rely just on the scripture because it is in our hearts we need to speak God's word. Just like Jesus is put in the manger so his love was well noted and placed in the Bible.

God Bless,
Kristy

No comments: