Saturday, January 08, 2005

serendipity

I am sitting bored once again because the child I am babysitting is now fast asleep. I’m sure he is dreaming about the snowmen and forts we are going to build tomorrow in the snow.
I’m flipping through channels on the tube and the only movie I could find that was half way decent was Serendipity. I know it is a “chick flick,” but I had watched it with my grandmother some time ago at the theatre and thought what the heck…..I have a long time to stay awake and the games on my computer are starting to get old.
Watching the movie really made me think about the true definition of fate, destiny. I know that God knows us before we were even conceived, I’m not questioning that God knows our plans for our lives before we ever do. But in that plan is there such a thing as destiny or fate for us? Is there for instance one person that we are destined to spend our life on earth with? In the movie one of the main characters walks into a room to find a giant box that reads “open me”…she opens it to find another wrapped box and continues to open box upon box before getting to a ring box that is empty. To me that makes me think of how God is trying to play tricks on us (may not be the right words, but is the only one that comes to mind), searching for a significant other could be a form of entertainment for Him, ya never know…lol) thinking that one person is it, but then there might be some one else that is a better match or many others until the one that is with a wedding ring box is right in front of us, but is that person the real the “one”? What if it were just a guy that was passed on the road…what if it were a best friend over looked…what if it were someone on the other side of the globe that we might not even ever see. How do we know who is really “right” for us and is that a choice we honestly get to make or is it fate and feelings? To me I look at dating as an ice-cream shop that lets you taste samples of the ice-cream flavors before you pick out one that you really want. *You always have room for ice cream after a big meal because it fills in the cracks*…sorry this is just my little saying thought I would add it in. That is all of the thoughts I have for one night. As you can see I don’t know where my path is leading, but I’m really searching to find one that is the right one for me…destiny or not. Sorry about the error in typing and my random thoughts…I wasn’t going to write a blog tonight and I don’t think anybody reads them any ways, but I made a personal goal to write down one thought a night this year…I’m not sure how long it will last when classes start, but an effort I will make.

God Bless,
Kristy

1 comment:

Kris said...

I'm just going to say that you have a really great point Andrew, and when I get to an ice cream that I love (besides chocolate mint)or would being ready and willing to love I'm going to buy it over and over agian, there is always room for ice cream!