Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Let it Snow...part II


Wow, there is such a blanket of snow right now setting on my car, covering the roads, and causing a lot of stress on a lot of people. I decided that it might not be a good idea to go all the way home so I’m attending a snow party at my friend’s apartment! I don’t have anything deep to talk about right now, if anything I say is ever very deep. I have a good side note though. One of my co-teachers just had a baby today, the news was told to me right before I left from work as I prepared to go marching out into the wondrous snow. I’m so excited for her! I know that deep down I can’t wait to have children…though I know that right now is not the time for more than one reason. I love working with children and I always wonder what type of parent I’m going to be. It makes me nervous when I watch parents and how they are and then reflect on how I was raised compared to my own friends. Parents influence children’s moral character, and are a big part of who they are when looking at a child’s personality any way. I don’t know where I am truly going with this except to reflect on a previous blog that I had mentioned that we are all influence by those around us.
I have some other random thoughts for today. On most days I find myself either using the Bible in regards to my feelings about something going on instead of turning to it and applying it to my everyday life. I find myself praying that when I open it up and see a verse that it will be something that I can put a lot of thought into a reflect it in my daily life to come. Today I flipped to Luke2: 49 “Why were you searching for me? He asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?” The other verse I looked at was Luck 6:46-49 “Why do you call me, Lord, Lord, and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. …. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground with out a foundation.” I would love to know what some one feels about these verses. They are just the a few out of a wonderful chapter in the Bible that talks about the life of Jesus Christ.
Well I’m going to go out and play in the snow that has yet to calm it’s falling.

God Bless,
Kristy

No comments: