Monday, January 31, 2005

Welcome Home

I was so excited today. If I haven’t shared my excitement with you…my cousin and one of my best friends…Josh and Josh just got back from Iraq. They were stationed over there for over a year and were missed greatly. It was really hard for me to see them go, they are both younger than me and had so much going for them where they were at in their lives….then they had to drop out of college, pack up and go serve our country…I was a young child when my dad left in the same manner for the Gulf War.
Though I missed them greatly I didn’t write them a lot, (in basic, I wrote them letters all the time) didn’t talk on the phone a lot, instead I sent with them one letter each expressing how much they mean to me, and how this needed to be their journey, their walk with their faith in God. This was to be their time to find themselves and reflect on who they need to become. Having them home now brings great tears of joy to my eyes. How God has blessed them, driving them to be great, bringing them home safely. When I think of this return it for some reason made me think of Luke 15:13-25….. ”24For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.” I know that this may not be the journey they saw themselves going on, that they may have felt really lost and I just pray that their hearts may get back into the right place, to be given directions home. God Bless their return and all of the soldiers that serve this country from our past and present.
Always,
Kristy

No comments: