Monday, January 17, 2005

Sound of Music

I was inspired by the sound of music today, however, it wasn’t your normal inspirational song….think back to your childhood and what songs you remember? Does the “Itsy Bitsy Spider” sound oh so familiar? If you don’t know it the words are

The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider crawled up the spout again


I was sitting there singing this when I felt my mind thinking that this song is so moving to me today….I don’t know why that is, but I jotted down a little note as to remind me of it later in the day…so now it is much later in the day and I’m still thinking about it. Doesn’t it sound like something you would sing at church? Well maybe not, but if you did this is how it would go with a slight change in words….don’t laugh too hard if you find your self singing it while you read…

Jesus Christ our Lord came from the heaven above
He died on the cross to wash away our sins
Up from the grave He is risen from the dead
And Jesus Christ our Lord is with His father again.


*I know it isn’t going to top the chart of being the number one song in America, but it serves a purpose for my devotion and reflection of God’s love today.
I guess when I looked at the song I was just over powered by wanting to change everything about it because the song was saying a lot, but the meaning was hiding. I bet you have never looked at this song in this way? I saw the spider facing a large challenge just like Christ when he entered this world in the flesh. We poured our trespasses, burdens, guilt, and all of our sins on him that caused Him great pain and death on the cross… like washing the spider out. Then one fine and glorious day the sun (son) came out, out of the grave. Christ conquered death so we wouldn’t have to die in our sins. Then He ascended in to heaven or went up the waterspout again as the verse goes. I pray for you today that you find a simple thing in life such as a song and look at it in away differently than you ever have before!

May God continue to bless you,
Kristy

Please forgive for the typing errors and my non-musical skills in writing lyrics to an old classic.

No comments: