Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Day in passing

I don't know when it happened, but I received a call from a friend in Ames. Dr. Staley has passed away. All I can think of is driving up there and giving Dylan a big hug and just sit with him. I really had faith that Tim would come out of this and be ok. I didn't really know the whole extent of what was wrong, but I had my prayers. I have an interview on Friday and doubt with this up coming Iowa storm if I'm going to make it up there. I hope to make it up for that and the funeral...but who really knows. I pray that the Lord takes care of Dylan and that he is provided for and comforted. I wish I were in Ames today....

Today was district basketball, I have never been in such a beautiful school. It had a stadium like dome for their basketball court or gym. They had a real theatre with a ticket booth just like the movies....it looked like a hotel from the outside. The team lost by the way...78 or something to 22. Hey at least they did when their last home game...to a really large team.

I'm now in bed I have one day of school...half day really and I'm just hoping it goes well.

1 comment:

The Hopper Family said...

Sorry to hear about the loss, Kristy G. The name Dr. Staley sounds really familiar for some reason. what did he teach at ISU?

Also, any advice on how to NOT beat a few of my students before WOF next week? I've got one that's going through hell at home (or so it seems), and he hates me because I'm holding him to our school expectations. Imagine That!

Again, sorry for your loss though. Thanks for being there when I need to vent!

Steven