Monday, February 19, 2007

Home

Did you ever notice how many different homes you have. I always say I'm headed "home" That home could be Ames, it could mean my parents house, it could mean Iowa, or it could mean the place I live in Missouri.

I'm now home from going home??? I had dreams of heading up to Ames Friday night to go out dancing with Ciara and Shannon (planning it for over a month) Left on time after school....got outside of KansasCity and then the snow came...you couldn't see infront of you nor could you see the road or the lanes. I just followed a car in front of me so I knew I was on the road...and held on to my steering wheel for dear life. After making it out of the little blizzard it seemed to slow down after I got out of the city. Snow started up again when I got close to DesMoines. I didn't make it to Ames that night. I made it to my sister's house at 11. Man what a night. I headed DesMoines shopping for dresses and shoes. Then I got to babysit. Sunday I headed up to Ames and went to church, lunch at the Mandrin, and then to the movie Bridge of Terabithia, then sledding...(fun, beautiful snow) I drove and met Shannon for a steamer and then it was home to my sister's were little john was still awake. Awake...yeah 10:30 at night poor little one isn't feeling well today either. Fever and a cough. I met Eberly for an early lunch, and Anderson for a late lunch before heading home to Missouri. I have my resume done so I had to stop and get it printed off (i like mine to be special...so when they pick it up they know I take the time to pull out all the details and that I'm organized)
I got crickets and new Age of the Emires game...so I'm going to try it out and go to bed...I'm not going to think about school until 5:00am tomorrow. It is going to be a long week with the 6th grade teacher quiting..middle of the year, middle of the week....oh the stress...who knows by the end of the week, I could be in a new classroom with 5th grade or I could be in a new classroom teaching 6th grade...

dream sweet

No comments: