Sunday, November 06, 2005

Coffee? I don't even like coffee?

So I just got done with dinner at the church. If you didn't know that Lutheran's are known for their potlucks, quiet services, and people who sit as far away from the pastor as possible.... I'll have to link you to the Lutheran song from Lost and Found...great song.....this however is a bad song that we had to sing tonight::::The Lutheran Coffee Hymn (sung to the tune of "The Church's One Foundation") :::::::
The Church's One Foundation
is coffe, don't you know.
It's always at our potlucks
with three kinds of Jell-O.
We need nt pew nor building,
Nor LBW.
But worship without coffee
Just simply will not do.
We welcome other nations
from lands across the sea,
because they grow no coffee
in Sweden or Germany.
It's regular or decaf,
cream and sugar, maybe tea.
That's how we Lutherans practice
Ethnic diversity.
While we on earth have union
with this most righteous brew,
We'll savor every cupful
until our days are through.
Someday we'll justly honor
this beverage heaven-sent,
And finally make coffee
a Lutheran Sacrament.

what did you think....a song about coffee....I didn't know Lutheran's were known for coffee I know lots of good Germans that are known for their beer....but coffee. thought I would share one of the most rediculous songs I've ever sang before..... I'm still laughing it up!
Dinner was good tho...it was much needed after play 8on 8 ultimate Frisbee....it so made my day seeing that many people show up and people like Phil willing to take one for the tree...I mean team...lol. Lots of bumps and blood this time around.....but it was a friendly game. Well i'm off if I get time later I will write about the saints....Bless All the Saints (meaning you and me) on this all Saints day!

No comments: