Friday, January 19, 2007

Ice storm the Meltdown

Today is another day at home except it is now over 40degrees outside and sunny. A company came and cut down branches on the tree outside my house. I can now see my driveway!!! I still have a cable line down but I can work around it. Everything is melting more branches are falling. I have had electricity all day except for a little time this morning. (not bad) The trees are dripping as if they are crying tears of joy, but have a heavy heart as more of them break into pieces because of the weight. The town I live in is a mess, much like the surrounding area it truly is a shame to see all the trees broken and not able to be fixed, many will need to be cut down when this is all done and others will look a little naked waiting for years of regrowth to correct it’s unshapely appearance. I know that there is snow in the forecast for the upcoming weekend, but for the sake of my sanity I really hope not. Once again here are some more pictures of the meltdown in Missouri.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JBD!

Some of those pictures are just incredible. Sorry I didn't check in on you earlier this week. I heard about the storm, but never imagined it quite that dramatic.

Hope things are going well now that things are melting down. We've still got a few good inches of snow on the ground, but things are starting to heat up in the school. Why? My principal and I are moving closer and closer to a boiling point over our building's SPED model. Watch the blog for details...it should be getting interesting in the next few weeks.