Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Frustration

Frustration of the new year…I have so much house work it is unreal, my classroom wasn’t even clean when I got back to school (janitor quit the first day of Christmas break) and then my computer crashed on the full work day we had yesterday, the day I needed to put grades in, the day I needed to make the newsletter for the new year, the day I had all day to work and research things…grrr. Today was ok. Late start day, I treated it like the first day of school review each rule and going over our positive goals in our class. I started new “club” more like tricking my students into making goals for themselves this semester. They are really getting into it. I hope they keep it up.
More frustrations….a teacher that can’t do things with their own creative spark…since the beginning of the year (he/she) has to copy everything I do, which normally won’t bother me to take an idea an run with it…but that isn’t what is going on. It is like they are lacking in the ablility to teach and no matter how many ideas I through their way they don’t truly listen because their class is just out of control and there is no going back….grrr I don’t want to say no you can’t use this or that….but when they don’t take it upon themselves to research and get ideas or what not it pisses me off. This was me venting…sorry. All I have to say is if you think that you are or wanting to be a teacher...then work towards it...set goals....it isn't all a natural ability thing...it isn't just the love of kids that makes you what you are.

1 comment:

The Hopper Family said...

Sorry to hear bout your computer and your frustrations. Know that you are a fantastic teacher and that things will certainly turn around for you.