Friday, December 30, 2005

RUSH

Happy birthday to Jason, your mom had a wonderful keg for you and cake….way to chug the whole mug full!
You can’t really beat root beer with ice cream and marble cake….MMmmmm

Well here I am at RUSH, ready to relax and enjoy. We did some games to help us get to know each other, sang some music, talked about God and started our skit in our small groups for tomorrow night.

Our focus is on the book James. Not a common book for a Lutheran to focus on because it is the one book that the Catholic church used to defend its practices and used to say that it is not just GRACE that we are saved by but works. I encourage you to take a deeper look with me. We are talking about James the brother of Jesus…. well being his brother why didn’t he write about his brothers birth and resurrection. Well I think it is because he knew things had been written and foretold…why waste the paper. He knew that as a Christian that we might need to focus on how other see us and how we can share the love of God with others.

Number one topic of the day is does God take plastic. I will admit the thing I thought of first was Barbie…I don’t know why maybe it was the special I saw the other day on old toys. I thought, does God except those who walk around, think they are perfect, think they are built and can hide all transgressions.

What are some of the biggest trails and temptations in your life? Does the process of temptation James described in James 1 verse 13-15 fit your experience? I think that the temptation James is talking about is so broad that it just may, and does cover almost everything that tempts me. What kinds of things are tempting me right now? Well things that are tempting me our boys…flirtation, hmmm, food tempts me, sleep even temps me.
In our society today we can be tempted by the smallest things and there are so many thought running through my head. I realize that I’m not perfect, but I should be trying to make a better impression with others about how I portray my Christian faith. I will admit I have gone to church events and then later on headed out to go dancing. Do I see anything wrong with that….well it weighs on my heart some days, but not all the time so I guess that may be a bad thing. I know that one of my biggest temptations is not to try to tempt others as much as I want something I may not always get what I want, I need to except that…I need to come to terms with my life and that things happen for a reason, I need to start looking at the details and not just where I see myself.

In the sin box the things I shall put and burn are: tempting others, doubt, worry, selfishness, and hard headedness, temptation that I get from others, excuses that I make for things, for lies, for miss leading

No comments: