Monday, December 05, 2005

5 Senses of an ISU Winter

You all remember the 5 senses right...?

1. Sight: Don't get blinded by the whiteness of snow on your walk across campus.
2. Touch: The numbness of my fingers, tip of my nose, and my ears tells me they are close to falling off. The hat and new mittens are not enough to keep up with the brisk air.
3. Smell: You would think that the air would be crisp and clean, think again. This is the time of the crows. You can step outside and smell….yuck, something kind of like worms after a good rain. Warning watch out at night don't make any sudden movements under the trees. If you do you better having running shoes on.
4. Taste: I have told my kids time and time again don't eat the snow….it isn't very clean and you don't know what has been walking on it. Oh and it is that time of year when the ladies at church make lots of goodies while we study for finals in the student center.
5. Hearing: What is this I hear, police cars outside the window…..someone wasn't going slow enough and bumped into a stop sign…oops. Something you don't hear because everyone is hiding the music in their ears with the little i-pods is Christmas music….hum hum hum

The last sense I'm just going to add in. COMMON SENSE, riding on the bus I saw a guy out shoveling his sidewalk in his boxers and sandals…..It is below zero out with a good few inches of snow. Put some clothes on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever, you know you were checking out the boy in the boxers and sandals...

OC

Kris said...

Yuck...Do I come off as being that desperate? He was an old guy.

Anonymous said...

"If you shovel snow while wearing your boxers... You Might Be A Redneck"

Anonymous said...

ha ha, good comment!