Sunday, August 14, 2005

where is the line?

Where do you draw the line? Pastor Mark’s sermon this morning asked just that. He told us about a scientist in the 1930’s who invented a way to preserve blood for transfusions but in the 1950’s when he was in an accident and was bleeding to death they refused they denied him a transfusion….why the rejection? Because he was an African American. How many times in our lives to we reject people are racist or prejudice? Today we still draw the lines all over the country all over the world. People fighting wars tribe against tribe. People judging people because they don’t have the same income or they don’t dress a certain way. I know I do it…I don’t mean to do it and sometimes I don’t subconsciously do it but I’m not perfect. I realize today it is ideal to be tolerante of one another to except ones differences. I’m going to say that is true up unto some point. I think that when it comes to my beliefs I draw the line. I will listen to what you have to say about yours but when I comes down to it I’m going to follow my beliefs and stand firm to them. It isn’t that I didn’t go in search of others, but I have found that being a Christian and having someone help me cross the line and jump on to God’s side is the best and ultimate choice. God drew that line He called us to be different than others. He makes us different as Christians makes us standout because we have Christ Jesus. He is what makes us special. He doesn’t want us to reject those not like us, but wants us to continue to follow him regardless of the influences around us. While I’m typing this I’m listening to music that would be music I wouldn’t play in my traditional church, but it doesn’t make it any less Christian just because it is rap. I mentioned it in Mark’s blog Nova…G.O.D Til I D.I.E cause I knew he was listening to it…lol the words are great they have a great message in them but isn’t something my parents would say is in any way good music that represents God’s word. So many young people are defined by the way they dress and the music the listen to, but there are so many options to choose from why be tolerant on lyrics that talk about death and sex when you can have great music that carries great sound and lyrics that are pleasing to God. That was a little random but it still has to do with where you draw the line even with the small things in life. How accepting are you and how do you stand for the beliefs you have. God may have told the Israelites to distance themselves from other not like them, to be different. He didn’t lower his line so he would be closer to us instead you picked us up and carried us to his line because to jump it would be impossible on our own.
Thanks be to God for sending Christ to carry us to the Lord for helping us choose to cross the line and be a little different than the crowds.
Have a blessed day,
Kris

sorry for the typos and randomness

No comments: