Sunday, August 21, 2005

Where does He fit in?

So walking around campus tonight I realize that tomorrow is my last first day of class as a college student…wow, how weird is it to write that down. I’m excited a little nerve racking…I’m sure the moment will pass.
This morning I was standing greeting person after person a non creative “good morning” that I just repeated over and over again…meeting person after person two nights in a row and not remembering names. I’m normally really good at faces I’m awful with names though. I could tell you about a person and not recall a name of any kind…weird. I know 150(min) kids in my center all by name and I can recall names of kids I taught 6 years ago, but I can’t recall a single name from last night or from even dinner tonight.
Any ways the point of my blog was to give Pastor Mark props of the campus tour during the sermon today…helping the freshman feel more comfortable. I remember feeling like a freshman for 3 years in a row….going to a new school every year has that effect on a person, so I feel for those of you who are new and are roaming around trying to figure out the little maps and finding a place to fit in. I pray that just because you are a freshman that you don’t abandon your morals and ethics…that just because you are a way from your parents that it gives you a new sense of freedom to go out and party it up and start doing stuff that would displease them. I have talked to so many people that say they don’t go to church because for the longest time they just went because their mommies made them…..I like talking to the people that said they are trying to experience something new and searching for a church that fits them…. I think that is important, I knew my religion but yet I was looking for a great foundation. Today’s topic for the sermon was where does Jesus fit in with each building you run into on campus…where does Jesus fit in with our lives. I know that my life will get busy during the semester and often times I will not turn to Christ, but I pray that my life focus more on him as my semester rolls around. I pray that others will find a way to witness on and off campus and that more people this semester will come to know where Christ fits in in their lives. I looked for a foundation and I have found a great one where I am at in school…I have found Christian friends that help to be the rock I need. I know that sometimes I get lost and all I need to do is look right in front of me …. Quote from pastor today… “we don’t see what is right in front of our eyes.” This was said on more than one occasion to me today. How true is it though…Christ is always in front of us, always there and sometimes we just see right past it….what else does this line work with? Personally I think this terms works for guys too…lol cause I know some really great guys that are single…I’m single and yet I’m right in front of them…what is wrong with that picture…grrr lol that is just a random connection. Well I’m off to bed so I can get up in the morning put in a full 8 hours and then go to class, work out, and then go on peer ministry calls and repeat it all over the next day!!! Well here goes a whole new semester. Lots of prayers for those who are just starting college and for those who are done and out in the world doing what they love.
God Bless your day
Kris

No comments: