Thursday, August 25, 2005

Focus on Christ

I was sitting in a Sunday school teachers meeting yesterday and Pastor O said that the main objective for the children in our Sunday school class was to teach them about Jesus. We are going to be looking at the OT and individual based stories. He said that no matter what the story is we really need to make sure that we are pointing out where Jesus fits in with it. I think the main goal of teaching children in Sunday school is to help them keep their child like faith. To have them know God’s love, know that Jesus was sent to us to forgive us and to love us. I don’t wanna go to teach how to be good people or what they should do to be a good Christian…I want them to know about Jesus with an undoubting faith. Later in the evening I was listening to Taylor give a testimony of his first days of college and where Jesus fits into that picture. How many times do we go some where new…and feel like we don’t fit in, to feel like there is something missing and then come to the conclusion that things are going wrong in life because this isn’t a perfect world, that things can’t always go our way….that we are sinners and if we want to find what is missing in our daily lives that we should look toward God for that love. I know that I do a lot of things that people might get the wrong idea about…maybe it isn’t so Christian-like. “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.” 1Timothy 1:15 I know that my life isn’t something great or grand that I’m not going to have a movie made or even a biography written about my life…it isn’t anything spectacular….I’ll make the newspaper someday with just a few facts about my life printed in the obituaries. If I were to write the story of my own life I would start by confessing the number one fact in my life and that is that “I am the worst of sinners: Such a confession isn’t easy to make. Everything I like to exaggerate, but sin I like to shrink. Other peoples’ sins I can easily spot, but my own somehow escape detection. Yet the plain truth remains that I’m a sinner. I don’t need a microscope to examine my daily life. Sin’s contamination is clearly visible. My confession is in order: I am number one, first in line when it comes to sinners. Fact number two in my life is thanks to God. “Christ Jesus came into the worlds to save sinners.” There was only one reason Christ Jesus left heaven, entered a virgin’s womb, and came into our world of sin and sorrow. Only one reason why he lived in this world as flesh and died in it, as well as rose again. That was to save sinners. He came not to judge, but to seek and save the lost. Ad he came for me. Because of him God won’t write the word “lost” on my grave stone, but “saved” by his grace in Christ Jesus. Come to think of it, what more needs to be said in the story of my life? We need to remember that Jesus is walking with us daily.

God Bless

I pray that we can all keep in mind that Jesus is with us, that his love is simple and at the purest form.

No comments: