Saturday, August 13, 2005

Disappointment

So it was a random night out on the town a bunch of my girls from high school some random people from college taking the time to party it up at a new club in town. I’m out dancing have a great time when the fire alarm starts going off we are all leaving the building trying to figure out what is going on. One of my friends left her camera up stairs so we were just waiting around until we were able to go upstairs to get it. The police and firemen were on the scene. With in 15min the people at Chasers could go in, but those of us as Club Element were left to wonder what happened. We went around to the front to talk to the bouncers (we are girls so we cut right to the front of the line) a police officer had to take my friend upstairs to get her camera cause he couldn’t find it the first time on his own…how nice was that? (So nice) So besides to weekends in a row calling my night short before even getting a second wind to dance, I had a few other disappointments. Don’t get me wrong I’m not normally a judgmental person, but I don’t really like those that smoke around others. My grandfather had his lung removed when I was younger and I saw how the addiction affected his life. He finally quit and no more that a year and he passed away from something that related to just that laps of judgment called smoking. I think that those who smoke are some what weak, they don’t see other was to spend their money, so don’t see through the eyes of their children who breathe in the second hand smoke. I had not only one good friend but two good friends make the choice to smoke tonight. I’m very strong willed, very opinionated and they already knew how I felt about the subject and sill I was lead to a big bucket of lies, discrete, and a cloud full of smoke. GRRrrr so that was my evening. I hope I didn’t offend any one but it is a really gross habit. If you could have only seen the look of disappointment on my face when I saw what they were doing. Also the fact that some friends that said they were coming out and didn’t really made me sad too. GRRrrrrr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristy,

I agree with you 100% on the smoking issue. I hate it when people say "I only do it once in a while." They shrug it off as a harmless social behavior when in fact it is equivalent to self-injury. Most people wouldn't cut themselves just to see blood. Most people wouldn't ingest poison just to see how it tastes. Most people won't condone suicide. Yet many of these same people accept smoking as a "bad habit".



Then again, some people are stupid.