Tuesday, August 23, 2005

On the second day of class my true love gave to me...

Thinking about December/Winter Break....Christmas songs came to mind...lol

Today…work 6:30-8:30am…visit with Al….classes 9-12…meeting 12-1 visit with Al again…work until 5:30…..walk to class…class 6-9…Bible Study with Pastor Mark until 10pm…hope to be sleeping soon. One question asked yesterday was how do you describe yourself…draw a picture, don’t use words…me I drew a calendar with a bee….what does that say about me?

Well come December 1st I will know where I will possibly student teach…how exciting! (found that information today…thought I would share)
I was on a crowded bus this morning standing up trying not to fall flat on my face while the lady turned the corners…and I thought about how it is a little strange to be around so many people that are going in the same direction as me I mean that in the literal sense cause we were all going east on the red route…ha ha I mean we are all heading to class to better our place in society. People on buses are a little weird…I ride the bus I will admit to it being weird that is. I don’t like it when people just stare at me…what is that all about. ( I hadn’t eaten all day so it wasn’t anything in my nicely brushed teeth.) I try to at least space off at the floor…just ya know at their shoes.

Questions to make ya think:

Why do children have bad behaviors?
My opinion: It is a learned behavior, sometimesgenetic disposition, others could be due to mental disorders
What is the role of a teacher?
My opinion: To be a good role model for children and help them become beneficial members of society

Ok so I’m full of randomness tonight…must be cause I’m hungry and really sweepy???

I have another abstract thought though first some background info. I teach before and after school at the center I’m at and I’m looking for good positive reinforcements last year I did “stuck on good behavior” and let them duct tape me to the building and to the wall inside….they later got to have donuts one morning and ice cream sundaes in the afternoon, ooo and can’t forget the silly string war which was still visible come spring. I will do almost any thing for my kids if they are well behaved. They way they earn them is by filling up the picture on a poster I have made for them. They fill it up with masking tape when they are good and then the tape is removed if they aren’t listening. I have 3 charts made but I’m looking for one more idea. I am going to let them throw chocolate pies at me, wet sponges at my head (I made a cool sponge bob square pants poster for that) and then I’m going to create a big bubble in our room for them to play inside of. They thought eggs would be fun to throw at me, but I’m up for any ideas if any one has any???

Off to sleep am I. My prayers are with you.
God Bless

No comments: