Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11/ (9.11)

A Day of Remembrance.
Wow has it really been 7 years. It doesn’t really seem that long since the terrorist attack on America.
How many people thought about today differently than any other day this week? I will admit I didn’t think that much until I was alone driving to creston to talk to US cellular about my phone. (long story…I vented earlier…if I could afford it and there was another company that worked down in this black hole I would go out of my contract…it was a long day yesterday there) Any who….I found myself holding back tears, thinking about that day and my feelings that I remember having. My grandfather died just a few days after this event, part of it was the stress from watching and wondering if his son was going to head off to war again. My grandfather was a military man and so was my father. At that time my dad was just months away of getting out of it…..I think when I think back to 9/11 I think back to my grandfather and dealing with his death and remembrance of his life.

I pray that God continue to be with those families who lost loved ones in the 9/11 attack. I also pray for those who serve over seas that are still fighting the same war we have been in for a almost 2 decades. (only with a different name)

No comments: