Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Teacher Appreciation Day

Congrats to Tim for getting the Teacher of the Year award from Walmart...our school got a thousand dollars from the event, Tim got a gift card for one hundred dollars to buy things for his class...he got a t-shirt in which he popped his collar all day. He had no idea...which was the greatest. I thought it was cool that Walmart does such a thing. We also got donuts and little gift packs from them for appreciation.


Tomorrow is the big drive...I have a fun filled weekend in Iowa, beautiful weather to come! I need to check to make sure the roads I need to drive on aren't flooded.

Oh today felt like a Monday...yesterday didn't ....I almost gave every student a detention. I haven't had a single student go to the office for behavior this year...instead I had Mrs. Riley come to me.... somebody decided to write * is dumb on the floor of our room...nobody wanted to fess up....tomorrow is going to be a long morning!

I only have 6 days of school...half of that isn't even teaching ...then two weeks of no fifth graders then one month of summer school!

1 comment:

The Hopper Family said...

Hey JBD!

You may not catch this before the long drive, but I wanted to let you know that I'm not really trying to avoid you. I did get your call the other night, but being me, I just forgot to return it. As you can see by keeping track of my blog, the OC you once knew seems to be dying. His replacement is pretty lazy. Have a safe trip, and I'll try to get back t o you soon!