Monday, October 24, 2005

What's in your pocket?

Do you ever put on a pair of jeans, reach into the pocket, and realize last time you did laundry you washed a dollar or two in the pocket. Isn't it an exciting find? You know you have all done it....if not a pair of jeans maybe a purse or a coat.....I know you know what I'm talking about tho. Well today it was a little colder in the morning than it has been...or so it appeared with the frost on my car windows. I put on a winter coat I had not worn since last winter and as I was walking down the hall I went to see if I had gloves in my pocket....nope.....didn't find money either. Instead I found a big plastic beetle....oh what a gift. There's nothing like finding a big black (fake) bug in your pocket at 6:20 in the morning. (just for the record I didn't freak out) It was just a little surprising. Which got me thinking on my short drive to work. How many days are we surprised by something so small....shouldn't we be? Look at all the amazing things God has created and there is something new and different everyday....do we ever take a step back to appreciate them?

1 comment:

Kris said...

ps
i would have loved to have $5 in my pocket...that would have made my day too!