Sunday, October 30, 2005

Ventilation (if you don't like dramatic rambling don't read"

My friend Andrew a quote posted on his blog a long while ago( http://randomexpression.blogspot.com/) that was in reflection on relationships...Thomas Edison 's reply to the question, "Mr. Edison, how can you continue to try to invent the light bulb when you have failed over 5,000 times." Edison replied, "I have not failed 5,000 times. I have successfully discovered 5,000 ways that do not work and I do not need to try them again." How true is this with men or women (depending on who you are) I have dated several guys…lacking in the relationship experience area…but dating I have done….dating is like sampling ice cream…(previous blog if I recall) the sad thing is I know what I want in a guys so I’m not really up for sampling any more I want a relationship that will be lasting, that will help me grow as a person. I want a relationship with a guy who understands my beliefs and me. “There are so many fish in the sea” I don’t like that quote cause it isn’t true…if it were true then my fishing skills would take over and I would have a bite by now. I wish I could see what God has in store for me…where is my path leading me? I want a guy who knows want they want…are there any? GRRR: Frustration noises.
So this weekend was ok…ok isn’t very descriptive is it? Well Friday night I went to Saw II I recommend it to any one that is over the age of 7 (I say this cause some messed up parents brought their child to the movie….not a good idea in my op.) then my friends and I went to a haunted house…which was great, seeing my co-worker dressed as a zombie and dancing to Thriller is priceless! Then I went to paddy’s then to micky’s….good times were had by all and I even got a piggy back ride up welch! It was a night well needed to celebrate my singleness once again….Saturday not so good, I did get to babysit so that was fun! Then I went dressed as a member of the mafia. I went to Sips which sucked then to micky’s to end the night….DRINKING TIP: drinking 5 glasses of water for a straight 3 hours will make you go to the bathroom a lot. Now for some reason I just feel sad. I have a hard time giving up on friendship….I have a friend who no longer wants to talk to me and it is hard to say that is it…because it is just over me not having romantic feelings for him and him not having the capacity to see us as just friends…..so all numbers deleted email address set aside….I’m at a loss for words and kind of sad. I have homework to do but all I want to do is sleep so I don’t have to think about my sucky life right now. I have never had a guy tell me they can’t be my friend…I have had several guys ask me out and on failing attempts with rejection we are all still really good friends. I just really wish things were different…I don’t like giving up, but that is what I had to do. ..I had to give up on a friend whom I talked with daily about life’s challenges…..grrrr I have a lot of frustration right now.
So earlier I brought up the quote from Thomas Edison….I had every intention of writing about the sermon lesson for today and the Reformation, but at my state of mind it wouldn’t have turned out positive….and the lesson on TRUTH and FREEDOM is something that you have to talk about in an positive state. Steven I know that you are reading this and http://www.livejournal.com/users/thinkteach/ when I’m thinking clearly I will respond to your blog….I encourage others to check it out. I do have some strong op. I will express later.
Well this is my life…this is my rambling venting.
I pray that you have a better week than I’m having!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristy G~

Thanks for the mention of my blog. There is no doubt in my mind that things will turn around for you, and boys are icky anyway. Wait a minute...

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristy, I wanted to drop you a line and thank you for the pineapple cake. But I've read your blog and recent blog about your break-up and as someone who has been on both sides of break-ups I offer a few words of advice... 1. Guys who say they don't want to be just friends are selfish and immature because he doesn't know how to deal with his feelings of jealousy and inadequecy(and yes, I've been there and done that). He'll have to figure things out the hard way that real friendship involves sacrifices. 2. In order to find someone special you'll have put yourself out there and take a risk knowing that you may get your heart broken agian. You can do everything right and still lose, such is life. Plus, your still young and have plenty of time to find what your looking for. I hope you feel better. Have a good night.

Kris said...

Hey steven- i wouldn't go as far to say boys are icky...but thanks

Jason- I would love to take credit for the cake, I just carried it out...it was left over from FISH last week. Thanks for the advice.