Friday, April 15, 2005

"Its the end of the world as we know it.."

The end is coming, no I'm not talking about the end of the world...though that is coming too. The end of the semester is near, I'm counting down. (can't say I’ve done that since my senior year of high school) I'm ready to celebrate, celebrate the end of the hardest semester I think I have ever done. *I know some Sped people reading this are nodding right now....* As the semester comes to an end I start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Today I sat with children at a young writers conference and in an introduction my partner and I were like "we are almost teachers" and it was like wow...almost a teacher....light at the end of the tunnel. I'm a senior with one more semester of classes and one semester of student teaching left...I'm not sure I'm ready to be done. I am, but I'm not. I have made some of the best connections at the University that I'm at and I don't know where those connections will go when we are all graduated. I have friends that are done in three weeks....and I'm like whoa, where are they going from here...friends getting married...that is a big whoa in my book because a lot of them are a lot younger than me....I think I have been laying around too long by myself tonight...I'm getting to deep in to thought and dwelling on way too much.
I know that things have to be in constant change and though the semester is almost done I know there are other things throughout the summer that are going to push my buttons or just push me right off a cliff. Things are going to change and challenge me and I just pray that I can be accepting of all of it. Right now I'm sitting in front of my computer...my day has been ok, nothing extra special I'm holding a lot of feelings inside right now dealing with personal issues with people being honest with me. I know that not everyone is going to like me....I'm ok with that (i guess), but I'm not for getting blown off and lied to...(who does that honestly) I want to thank those who I am friends with....if you don't know this already...friends mean the world to me....so now you know! Well I'm off to sleep, so that my day tomorrow can be spent diligently working on research papers!
dream sweet, God Bless
Kris

forgive typos..i'm tired

No comments: