Sunday, April 17, 2005

Children

There is no greater love than a love of a child. (Except God’s love…of coarse) As I sit rocking a small child to sleep at 11:30pm. (I was thinking wow, I’m glad I don’t have to do this every night) Really I was thinking how pure babies or young children are. They know how to sit up, how to eat, sleep, cry, and poop and possibly pee all over if you’re not careful. They also know love and a how to smile (a natural expression). For a child’s love is unconditional…you could be a drugged out father sitting in a rocking chair all day, but I’m sure your own child loves you….you could have given up your child for adoption and 19 years later found them and there is still love.
Someday I would love to have my own children (I will wait until I get out of college and get married) until then I will continue to thank God for the children in my life. They have a lot they still need to learn, but they make really good teachers. I pray that my relationship with God is as that as a child’s relationship with God. Pure, untouched by sin acts, meaning the greatest Sunday school answer (Jesus) is believed whole-heartedly. Children come to God and are accepting as we grow we tend to question and grow away from God…some of us are fortunate to find the path again but our view is distorted by sin as an adult. I pray that like the child whom sleeps in their crib tonight always keeps that child like faith. I pray that all of us can find that faith again.
God Bless,
Kris

No comments: