Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Prayer

Back in February (Feb. 21st to be exact: Unanswered Prayers) I had posted a blog on pray, but it is a daily thing so I’m going to write about it again. Prayer was the awesome topic for devotion tonight, which was lead by Aaron. It reminded me of how I need to take the time and pray daily not just once but several times. Does it matter how you pray or when you pray…the answer is no. (that means the old Sunday school thing of bowing your head, closing your eyes, and folding your hands…doesn’t really matter) Prayer is like that direct line to God. There is no charge for going over your minutes with Him because the call is free and we have unlimited minutes with Him. There is no call waiting or voice mails and calls won’t get lost or disconnected. We don’t have to go through anyone or thing to talk to Him we can go directly to Him. Prayer should be an important part of daily lives. The way I look at is…looking at old friends and over time you talk less and less until you are not talking at all and you don’t even really notice it is just something that happened, now there is a great distance between two people. The same thing happens with God. If we stop communicating with God (having daily chats) then we leave the door open for that connection to die off or not be as strong. Aaron read off what prayer meant to him today and I thought it was cool, I had never heard it before. How should we pray. We should focus on being able to:

Praise
Repent
Ask
Yield


I can remember when I was taught how to pray and the first prayer I learned to say was the one Jesus taught his disciples Luke 11:1-3 1One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.” 2He said to them, “When you pray, say: “ ‘Father,[a] hallowed be your name, your kingdom come.[b] 3Give us each day our daily bread.

2 Thessalonians 1:3
[ Thanksgiving and Prayer ] We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing.

I pray tonight that you may take a look at your own prayer life. Amen
Love Peace and Groovy
Kris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kris, I've started an interesting series of entries on a way to conceptualize the many spiritual paths in this world. I'd love to hear your feedback as I update. Have a good weekend and don't work too hard!