Thursday, March 03, 2005

Integrity

What is it? Integrity looks at acceptance, accountability, behavior, citizenship, confidence, determination, ethics, friendliness, honesty, manner, morals, patience, reliability, respect, self-control, tolerance, trustworthiness, values…and on and on. When I think of integrity I think of what is right and what is wrong. In class tonight we talked about is it ok to bring our beliefs (not just religious beliefs) into the classroom. In my opinion my beliefs should show in how I live. I know that this isn’t always true (for example I showed ½ way decent behavior while being a little intoxicated this past weekend.) but for the most part I try to live a life that reflects my beliefs and shows my integrity. I always wonder how people see me, am I who I say I am? When I was in high school I ranked 2nd in the nation for one of the highest integrity awards given at that time. I look back then and this is something I didn’t deserve. Back in the day my life was a mess…I remember the suicidal thoughts, the cutting of skin, the lost thoughts and how hidden it was from everyone. I was in search of my faith, but knew that I had to put up this picture for everyone else to see that I had it all together otherwise I would have had to see disappointment in the people around me. (these are thoughts I have kept to myself for a long time…I am trying to be more open.) I look back and see what really got me through it I wish I could say it was family and friends (most never really seemed to know me) The only thing I can remember is that I would pray....sometimes sit in the church while it was pitch black with tears rolling down my face…I never let God go, I just struggled with Him, searched to understand Him. I look back and wonder if the choices I make in my life are right or wrong. Do I tend to take the easy way or the path not taken? What about your life seems to be a little muddy right now? Right now I feel like I tend to take a stand let my opinion be known. I look for what is right to do and what is the moral thing to do. I think integrity is a very important quality in a person and I hope that now I show it and am it unlike before when it was just a mask.
May God bless you in your daily walk,
Kris

forgive the typos it is early in the morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

am I who I say I am?

Kristy, you're not alone in thinking this. I too question my true self...
Am I who I say I am?
Am I who I am perceived to be?
Am I living up to my potential?
Am I true to myself?

At this point in my life, I find myself answering "No." What that means isn't clear yet.