Sunday, March 27, 2005

Christ is Risen!

Wow, so today was Easter. I greeted at church today...meaning I wore a nametag and repeated the words "good morning" or to change it up "Happy Easter" while shaking hands and smiling at those passing by. I realized that I didn't recognize a lot of the people coming through the door. I know that I don't know a lot of the names of people at church, but I recognize people week after week. Today was different. It looked like quite a few student, ones that had never gone before. I was one of the last ones to walk into the church, which happened to be packed, and always feel out of place when walking down an aisle while everyone looks oddly at ya. I wanted to know if they just woke up this morning and thought to themselves…oh it is Easter…I better go to church? I think it is the same when it comes to Christmas too. I thought to myself there is a lot of pressure on the pastor to make his sermon really meaningful and memorable cause this might be the only time to reach these people and remind them why it is so important to have a relationship with God. While the Easter message is extremely joyous if people make it to church at the same time every year just for that one sermon…maybe the church should mix it up a bit, celebrate Easter the week before and focus on the life Jesus lead and the importance of the message that lead up to Easter. (just a random thought)

What Easter means to me….

Easter is a wonderful day that we can take a look at the resurrection of Christ. It is a day to rejoice that our eternal death was defeated by His own death. If you don’t know the Easter story check out anyone of the Gospels.

In pastor’s sermon today he asked the question “Where do we go from here?” So where is that? Tomorrow Easter will be a word of the past until next year. Shouldn’t we really be celebrating daily? Using the Easter message to connect with other messages in the Bible…..cause it is all about the connections. The old testament lead or fore told the death and resurrection of Christ, Take a deep look at the beauty of the message.

God Bless You All,
Kris

No comments: