Monday, March 07, 2005

Unsuspected Doors

“When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” ~Helen Keller

Today I was nothing but smiles! I can’t really say why, but for some reason everything seemed to fit together in my life. For once I feel like I have looked into the right window, walked into the right door. I just hope it stays open and I can keep walking down the hallway. Luke 11:9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. “ So many times I often walk the wrong path, walk by doors that are closed and I get frustrated when I don’t feel like the puzzle in my life is coming together.
5 days to go until spring break trip to Kentucky and I can’t wait. I hope this is a great open door for me to meet knew people and open their eyes to Christ. Life is all about the connections…..in a business sense and in a life journey sense. I pray that the connections I make there with the people I’m going with and the people I am going to be working with will be ones to be remembered. It is the simple things that I want to be able to treasure. For instance I remember going to Florida this summer or to Okoboji this winter and the thing I remember most is the connections with people not just the event. Last night we got our first rain storm….how beautiful it was to be able to sit out and listen to the thunder, watch the lightening strike across the sky, and see the rain hit the sidewalk. I watched them fall. It was a moment so simple, but is something that I will treasure.
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:20-22 I want my heart to be in the right place all the time, I know that it isn’t always possible but I would like to think that being happy is something that is so full filling that no matter how simple something is or how strenuous something can get that I can find a positive way to look at life and smile. “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” ~author unknown I pray that all of you have a great spring break and really take in what should be important like a hug or a smile that makes a day brighter to someone else. Yep I said hug….for those of you who don’t really know me, a true way to my heart is a hug. I love hugs…some people are really good and hugs and others need to work on their other talents! I love hugs that make me feel safe and when they squeeze me tight that all of my worries and pressures just leave me….such a great experience that it is hard to explain. “Hugs are a great embrace into the heart.” ~my own quote. In the Bible it says that we should greet each other with a holy kiss…no lie it is written in four different verses in the Bible….1 Thessalonians 5:26, 2 Corinthians 13:12, 1 Corinthians 16:20, and Romans 16:16. Now of days we greet each other with handshakes…..you know where I would stand on this front! Well these are my thoughts for this evening. God Bless, Kris

No comments: