Saturday, April 28, 2007

First Time Poker Player

I am currently in my bed contemplating if I should get up? Massive hangover---that I have, erg to clean my house---that I don't have. I had had a long week…..I didn’t want to go home a drink alone, but I needed a way to relax and let loose.

My co-workers and I ended up getting for the most part drunk off our asses and playing poker. It was my first time playing poker. We all just put in ten dollars into the pot and then had chips that were just worth coin values…so we played for quiet a few hours. I didn’t do the greatest…but I didn’t suck my first time around. The only thing I messed up on was that I always forgot to burn a card before laying down the flop as dealer just on the first one.

It was a nice way to end the horrible week. Looking at the weather next week, I’m sure it is going to be any better. It is suppose to rain on Friday and that is our field trip day. GRRRR

I ended up sleeping on the love seat at Josh’s, I loved the fact that he left the music on really loud in the living room so that I wouldn’t hear their little baby boy cry. That was nice of him. I end up getting a call from a different co-worker, I think I answered it, I remember saying hello and then nothing…hanging up….it was, what I thought, way after he had left Josh’s…?

I ended up driving home about 5 after I was sobered up….DON’T DRINK THEN DRIVE. Important…I normally can handle 2 in a long long period of time and be fine…any more than that, or drinking it to quickly…driving is a no go.

Yesterday at school they had a “pretend” fatality using students and having the emergency crew practice. I remember when they did it at our school I was lobbying in DC and missed the accident and only mad it back for the funeral portion that was held in the school activity center. I didn’t know what was going on I just saw 2 of my classmates pictures up on the screen as if it were really a funeral. It was really hard to watch, I was so confused. It is hard to watch all of it. I hope that it home for most of them, that it made things more real for them.
Do you think that it is ok to show students such a tragic thing?

No comments: