Thursday, April 26, 2007

Can't Wait TGIF

I can’t wait until Friday!!! Not because I have any plans, but just because it is Friday.
Today was suppose to be a fabulous day…it started out like crap…boys picking on another boy because he picks his nose…then he flipped off kids (well pointed a finger in anger…says he didn’t use the middle) then had a student lie to me about it…boy K always tends to avoid telling me the truth. To top off my morning, I have been DIBELing and I take them in the hall were it is quiet to read passages and when the boy went back to his seat to work, he soon came up and said that while he was testing somebody wrote on his desk…( I didn’t see anybody get up???) On his desk was the word “loser” I had the whole class put their heads down and raise their hand if they did it….no body fessed up. I decided to write up all the things that were to go on that day including a presenter coming to our class, silly string war, 30minutes extra recess….I told them that everything was gone except lunch because I can’t take that from them, but I can make lunch so that it wasn’t fun for them. We put our heads down, they were asked to raise their hands again…yet nothing. I had them share their feelings with each other. peer pressure is a bitch…. isn’t it? Then I had them write down what they were feeling and in the corner write down yes and no and circle one. Finally somebody circled yes. I read aloud all of their feelings so nobody would know who wrote what….I wanted them to know that they really up set their class. The person who circled yes was the one who had told me that somebody had written on his desk…GRRRR I was pissed to say the least. He did it because he thought I would get after the person who was angry with him…he didn’t realize that it would be a big deal…GRRRRR
We got back on track after that. Our presenter was to do “TAR WARS” it was sooo boring. Then we had a silly string war, it was a little chilly and wet, but still fun. Extra recess was inside and the coach would only get out 2 balls for my class to play with. All of a sudden they are locking up the equipment and everything…they haven’t worried about it all year and now it is a big deal?
To top it all off I heard a rumor that the governor of MO hasn’t signed the bill to excuse the 5 ice storm days….it got passed in the house and senate and it has just been setting there. I hope it is just a rumor.

That is my day…do you see why I’m ready for a Friday

2 comments:

The Hopper Family said...

Sounds like a typical day at Moulton for me. Honestly, if kids spent as much time focused on learning as they spend trying to gain power and exact revenge...I'd have a classroom of fourth grade geniuses.

~Steven

Anonymous said...

I agree, I have one student who lies everyday...he has to think harder I guess to tell the truth. His mom blames the meds. I think if he spent the smarts he has in coming up with a lie...he should be able to at least work on other things at least at a second grade level.