Thursday, May 19, 2005

Great Flood

I know no flood really compares to the great flood back in Genesis, but I’m going to share my day with you. Yesterday I went to go unlock the door at work and as soon as I entered I could feel something wasn’t right, things didn’t look right nor did it sound right at all. I kept hearing water rushing from somewhere…..I looked down at the floor and found water slowing creeping its way up to my toes. I started to walk through it and it got deeper and the sounds got louder. As I looked through each room it covered the floors. My classroom looked like a swimming pool with an algae problem (dark green carpet) I finally found where the water was coming from and for the life of me couldn’t get it shut off. Under the kitchen sink water was pouring out like Niagara Falls. I made all the calls, tired to prepare for children to show up. While trying not to panic. I don’t think I have ever seen that much water in one building. Some pipe broke under neither the sink and had been running the hot water full pressure all night…..GREAT FLOOD 2005. So for the next week I will being dealing with a little wet mess, lots of messy stuff, and a whole lot of fans! I’m a little frantic right now because I don’t like having the children in this situation and having to turn parents away and not be with their children yesterday was really hard. Well there is my week for ya…just thought I would share!
God Bless,Kris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's terribly unfortunate. I woke up with a flooded bedroom in '93, flooded carpet is the worst. I hope you have a good week despite the water.