Saturday, May 21, 2005

Ability

For the past couple of weeks I have really struggled, I was told that I was a “mean teacher” to me those are just crushing words. My goal in life is to be a wonderful teacher, wife, mother, friend, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, granddaughter, and daughter-in-law and someday an awesome grandmother. I know these are big goals…and so it just crushes me when a student says such words. I know that I shouldn’t let them get to me…I know that it is because I have rules and structure that they must follow, which is unlike any of the other teachers they have had. I have my good days where I’m all smiley and days that anything can set me off (I’m a woman….it is my purgative to be moody). I have had good conversations with parents and ones that upset me and make me just want to scream and shout.
So I let it go…I got past it…or so I keep telling myself….
Last night after one really long day at work I was to baby-sit for a family, when I pulled up she was waiting at the door…nose pressed against the glass, really brought a smile to my face. This was the first time I had gotten to watcher her, she is a first grader…a all round great kid! She is filled with daily hugs when she sees me…you know me, I LOVE hugs! We were walking through the park later that evening and she said… “do you know what?” what? “you are my favorite teacher!” with her arms rapped around me I just had to tell her she made my day.
Do you ever have days where you are having up and down feelings…there are moments I question my ability to be a professional teacher someday soon. I know that I shouldn’t fear this upcoming step in my life. I need to be willing to “take a risk, take a chance, and break away.” I know that being great at what I do will take work, determination, perseverance, love, endurance, and patience along with many other things…but is something that I can do…..but so often these questions of ability or lack there of, pop up in other aspects of my life.
I pray that Lord leads me down the path of life that I may keep my trust in him that I will do great in whatever he has chosen me to do. I ask that the Lord help me keep in mind that everything in my past helps give meaning to my future. May I learn from my past from my small town up brining all the way up to the several colleges I’ve been to, everybody I will never forget, and those that are at the back of my mind.
I hope that everyone else has had a great week!

God Bless,
Kris

No comments: