Monday, February 21, 2005

Unanswered Prayers

The best-known conversations are ones that you take in while you are driving down the road, sitting on the bus or in a pew, even walking down the sidewalk wondering to class. Some are in your heart, head, or even conversations out loud who thought talking to yourself would not make you look like a crazy person all the time. Ha Ha. Lately I have found myself constantly praying, chatting with God. I was talking to a girl last night on the phone (first conversation since October or so she lives in Ohio) we started talking about life, struggles, and relationships. I told her that one of the things that I was praying about that I have never prayed about before (that I could remember…but I suffer from short term memory) is relationships. This year I have been trying to work on my relationships with those around me. I have some in particular that I’m focusing on right now. Psalm 6:9 "The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer. "I have been praying daily about them that they can grow, that they are focused on all the right things. All the right things being a great future, foundation built on common ground being God, trust, honest…. She started talking about unanswered prayers. I told her that lately I was dealing with more drama in my life and felt that my prayers weren’t getting me anywhere and that it makes me want to pray more about it hoping that everything will work out like I want it to (I know, what was I thinking?) Sometimes unanswered prayers are prayers that have already been answered, but we just missed the answers the first go around and we need to review the test again. What should we pray for, is there a certain way to pray….I don’t think there is a certain way to pray or a certain place or for any certain reason. Prayer is something personal. I think that it is important to chat as often as you can with God. I think that it is important to Thank God! Asking God for FORGIVENESS is important and to hand over burdens whole heartedly. Prayer is a great thing! Pastor once said that we should pray for bad things to happen with us …ask yourself why you would do this. I have heard that you should pray for the people that are put in your life and that is what I am doing or trying to do…we should pray for Him to put people in our lives that will help us grow whether it be sharing in the faith or challenging it to make it stronger.



"Part II of random thought"

I was walking across the street with a friend today that I bumped into randomly in the median in the road next to our church. He was walking to class and I was walking to the other side of campus to turn in a single piece of paper….bla bla bla…any way the snow (yes I said snow) was coming down nicely straight into our faces and he shared with me how awesome it was to walk out of the church seeing the snow and it made him think of how pure and holy Jesus’s life was and how cool it is that he could share that with us. I told him how I see snow. I see snowflakes as individuals that when added together make a wonderful snowball or giant mound. Just like people are different and need to a foundation or join together to make anything of themselves….looking at the foundation of church and the people that meet there. I love looking at things in metaphors….those were my random thoughts for today!

Prayer continued...Lord I pray for direction down the right path for guidance and pateince. Jeremiah 10:23 "I know, O LORD , that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. "

My prayers are for you,
Kristy

sorry for typing errors...i know there are some on rereading it...but i don't feel like going through it to change them...no time....(sorry please forgive)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this is like way late but have you ever hear of the song call unanswered prayer by Garth brook. the chorus say: "Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you’re talkin’ to the man upstairs
That just because he doesn’t answer doesn’t mean he don’t care
Some of god’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers."