Sunday, February 06, 2005

relationships

Well, I got over my stressful week and am preparing myself for the week to come. I am at a dry spell though I don't have much to say in my blog today or the past few days....I always start writing one and then I don't feel like it is something I should post, but just the fact that I wrote it makes me feel a little better, to get my confusion out in the open... something that I can physically look at and read about they have mainly been about relationships, with others ...myself, my family, my friends and even where I stand with God. I realize that I look at others and I covet….I want to be able to make time for everyone in my life like I see everyone else doing. I realized this week that I might make it home to see my parents in like April (they only live 3 hours from me) how sad is that. My friends I try to see each other on the weekends but right now my time is divided because I really want to get to know some new people or person in particular….but then I feel like I’m blowing off a few of my closest friends, because I haven’t been in the mood to go out and party it up, drink, or just do anything. I know my main relationship focus is on God, and even that is something that I’m struggling with, just coming daily to devotion is hard time wise, I am praying for this particular part of my life to realign itself. I was talking the other night to someone about relationships, with those of the opposite sex and what they look for and started to think about what I truly look for in a guy and what I really would like to have in my life…I want a guy that is respectful to me and others, that is ready to take a walk with God and grow in faith with me, some one who challenges me and makes me to want to be a better person, some one that makes me laugh and doesn’t mind that I’m shy some times, some one that has goals for himself and his future, a guy that won’t change who is because of me, a guy that likes kids (not having them soon but some day) oh and i like to see how a guy treats his mother because that is a good reflection on how he will treat a wife….is this too much to ask for? I have standards for friends too….which tend to be mainly guys…everyone for the most part can be my friend, but the ones close to me… their number one quality needs to be their willingness to forgive my stupidity and for me being me, trust and honesty are right up there too with anyone I hang with. God puts so many people in our lives and they all make up who we are as individual, so thank you for molding me!
Your Friend,
Krist


No comments: