Monday, February 07, 2005

Observation

Have you ever sat on a bus or the subway looking at people wondering what thier life is like, where they are going? I sat scrunched on Cyride (the bus transportation at the university I attend). I had a person that got on that thought she could fit between me and the person next to me….I literally couldn’t move my entire body, I couldn’t even pull the cord to signal that I wanted to get off, so the guy sitting across from me saw me trying to make an attempt and pulled it for me with a smile on his face that looked like it was still stiff and cold from standing outside too long….lol (how nice tho). I take the bus from work to class almost daily. It is always cool just to sit and look around truly seeing the difference of each ethnic group, within each language, to hear people having conversations so random. Some people get really dressed up to go to class others look like they put on some shoes and walked out the door in whatever they wore to bed. Looking around at others makes me wonder how many people are wondering things about me....like I wonder things about them. What I love most is running into people that I haven’t talked to forever on Cyride. Hey just because they go to the same school doesn’t mean you always bump into them….you have to make a conscious effort to bump in to most people on campus or be in the same building for class. (one of the colleges I attended close to my home town I had walked into a class of 25 people or so and there were at least 8/9 that were from my graduating class…how weird is that….it wasn’t a good thing) blah blah blah… Any way getting back on topic. Observing people is cool. I am a very quiet person and I like to get to know people just from watching them, seeing them with others and how they communicate. Since I have gotten to this university I have noticed that I’m coming out of my shell a little more. I think being a peer minister helps me out a lot in that area, I’m pretty comfortable talking about my religion and sharing ideas on how people can connect with God and make real friends with similar interests in Christ. Somedays I would rather be a turtle tho, stuck in my shell, hiding from the real world, just observing everyone and never taking part....other days I just want to run up and down the halls doing cartwheels! I know turtles are really cute sometimes, but I know I need to break out of my shell to be more open with those around me. I can't keep hiding from my feelings, my actions need to be accounted for and my voice recognized!

"I pary that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you
will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ." Philemon
1:6

God Bless You,

Kristy

ps sorry for the typos after the 3/4th paper tonight my hands and eyes are just too tired


No comments: