Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Yield/Stop/Road Work Ahead

Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Do not lean on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Each day , we are asked to invest ourselves in many things that may have a lasting effect on our life. How can we possibly know what is best? For instance with the market the way it is, the US economy. What do I do about the money I have invested in stocks in my roth accounts? Do I wait it out or pull out while there is still a penny in the account?
The devotion that I read tonight says that we count buy a car after seeing only the dipstick, or buy a house based on the door knob....we need to look at the big picture. I’ve been confused for years on what that is. I know that I could look past the big picture that goes beyond the concerns I have for my day to day life….I already know I have sinned and I guess that is all I need to know. I know that I can’t fix them on my own, well really I can’t fix them at all. I can ask for forgiveness and pray to God that my eyes are open to him and his path. Lord only knows my path has a giant fork in it right now….I keep wanting directions but there aren’t any clear signs.

If I used my map that I had drawn out in Jr. High I would be married, have 2.5 kids, a dog and live happily ever after. Obviously that road map wasn’t working out for me, but I still wanted to dream and hope that it would.

I pray tonight not only for my friend Tyran, but that we can all give our road maps up for that path which Christ has for us.

No comments: