Saturday, October 18, 2008

Band No More

Today was state marching band. We took a rating I which is the best you can get. I will have to say it wasn't the best I've seen them do, but it was cold and muddy and super early in the morning. I made sure that the girls were on the bus with everything loaded and then I went home so I could ride with Sarah. (the other colorguard instructor) there isn't room on the bus and with me being sick this week I didn't want to get motion sickness on a bus ride either.

Any whooo, we walked over to get in with the band and we didn't have marks on our hands.....grrrr like we are really going to sneak in and watch a band show? Sarah yelled to the band director "name" they aren't letting us in. ....she turned and said nothing shrugged and kept walking. We got in, but I'm upset that we are always forgotten about, that we are left out. Colorguard instruction is one of my jobs, I get paid, (little, but paid) I show up for early mornings, extra practices, choreography sessions, I put up with high school girls....and this year more so of the band. I truly believe if it weren't for Mrs. H, Ms. D, and Mrs. D our band wouldn't have made it as far as they did.

I'm a little upset, a little out raged. But it is done and next year I will not be doing this job.


Today was my last day of band! Can't wait to see the pictures turn out! lol I never liked band pictures.

No comments: