Monday, June 06, 2005

What are you wearing

So I’m at home taking it easy. It has been a stressful few first days of summer…but I’m dealing. I was flipping through channels and found Spiderman and they have a good quote that stuck in my head…. “with great power comes great responsibility.” How true are those words in your life? I relate them to work for me….I’m a lead teacher by myself with several responsibilities some times it gets to me. Also when I heard this line I thought of how Christ had such great power and with that power came his responsibility on earth to fulfill the promise.
I have a bunch of random thoughts today. I was reading a devotional (Philippians 3:1-11) and it was talking about being well-dress. [I want to be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own…but that which is through faith in Christ.] With it being a gorgeous, sun-drenched, scorching 90 degrees…it got me thinking about righteousness and the true meaning of righteousness, what we are clothed with…what does it mean to you? Righteousness to me means FORGIVENESS. Just like on this scorching day you wouldn’t sit outside on the hill wearing a parka and long johns with a stocking hat for hours on end…not the ideal clothing selection for the day, but in the same manor God wraps us up even on the hottest of days in His love, he keeps us safe and protected. He has given us a robe of righteousness. “how well dressed are we?”

God Bless,
Kris

Forgive the typos…a little tired after working…that would be why everything is so random.. : -)

No comments: