Thursday, June 16, 2005

To Dad: Happy Father's Day

Father’s day is just around the corner….I haven’t forgotten, I have just chosen not to get my father a gift…mailing him a card (yes..a very nice one that he will leave on the kitchen table for everyone to read…and it could take them a while to do so, cause it is that good) I can’t think of one thing that he needs…or doesn’t already have….so no gift is better than something he will never touch or look at again. (What do you get a man who has everything…? Any ideas?) I wish I had time to go home and go fishing with him….many memories have I of fishing with him (good times) I heard a song on a commercial tonight… “You are the Wind Beneath my Wings” this song has great meaning to me because when I was a little girl I use to sing that song on tape and send it to my father when he was serving in Desert Storm. That was a year that he wasn’t here for Father’s Day. I don’t remember all the gifts I have given him over the years..and he has trouble remembering yesterday so I doubt he does either. So a gift like a song is priceless! Make sure you make this Father’s Day memorable…you never know when it will be your last. What makes the day memorable the memories or the gift?

God Bless those who are our FATHERS blessed are those who our like our FATHERS!

No comments: