Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election is over....

I will be the first to say I'm not sure how happy I am at the winner of the Election. I think that a lot of people went based on other opinions and not on their own thoughts. I don't think one man runs our country...so president or not, there are people in our government that need to get their heads on straight...and pull our country out of the hole it is in.

Tonight is a historical night, our first black president...I'll be honest, I didn't think it was going to happen in my life time....next up a Female president!!!!

It isn't going to be me!

1 comment:

The Hopper Family said...

I too am glad that the ads are over and we can get some semblance of normal life back in order. The 2012 candidates should start campaigning sometime next week.

I voted Obama yesterday for multiple reasons, but in our jobs as an educator, I think one of his points really rang true for me:

"But government alone is not going to solve the problem. We need parents to turn off the television and instill in their children a sense of excellence."

If you look at what has come out of Washington over the past 30 years, this is a drastic thing to be saying. None of the reform issues and almost no politicians have more directly acknowledge the hurdle of uninvolved parents to their child's education. It's an exciting time to be a part of education, no matter what your political meanings may be.