Thursday, January 05, 2006

Unemployed

Unemployed: Not having a paying job.....student teaching as much work as it is going to be....doesn't pay the bills.

Wow, to be unemployed for the first time in 10 years….it feels kind of weird.
Yesterday was it….my boss didn’t schedule me to work on my last day (I would say it was an accident…but I know it wasn’t) I went any way….my kids mean the world to me and I was in tears for a good chunk of the day. The hardest was Matt (the tongue picture from previous post) he means so much to me and he has been distraught over this for weeks. And I wasn’t there Tuesday because my best friend Casey had a beautiful baby girl Kyra Payton born 1-3-06 at 9:18 7 lbs. 13 oz. and 19 ½ inches long. I drove down there as soon as I knew she was in labor. Matt was so sad all day because they started back to school yesterday and he had intended on spending the whole day with me. He made a gift just for me and not only was he crying in the hall and would let go of me…but his little brother and his dad even started to cry. That was the hardest good bye I have done in a long time and I am hoping to see him soon too….oh the tears.
After work a bunch of us went for a drink I had a “Kristy” and some nachos Mmmm. And everyone else was having a great time. I’m going to miss my kids and some of my co-workers. I’m off to go meet my kindergarten co-op teacher. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club...